4.30.2012

bend





It's been 3 weeks since we moved to Oregon.
It feels like its been longer but only because we've been busy either playing or working.
(mostly working for Eric)
We have really enjoyed being here already!
In 3 short weeks I've been able to learn lessons and discover growth in areas I wasn't expecting in my life.
Eric brought to my attention how much we've grown closer together since being here. I kinda laughed when he said that but I thought about it and it's very true.
Our experience of 'building up a business' has been tough/tiring/stressful/time consuming and of course way more for Eric than for me, but it has been SO great. 
He has worked so hard and I have loved watching him take on this role. He amazes me with his capabilities, honesty with people, and the fact that he has been able to stay balanced.
We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on the 21st of April. Even though last year at this time we would be in Cancun, there is no other place that I'd rather be than Bend, Oregon with my husband.
I feel like the luckiest.  
I've had a few of those "in it" experiences where I can't help but be happy. The feelings that overcame me were such a love for everything at that time and I know it's because of the gospel and Eric.
We've had so many missionary opportunities already since being here. We see the missionaries multiple times a week and through work we've each had conversations about the gospel. I get butterflies when I have missionary experiences and I can't help but think about Israel when these times come up. I know I had to go to Israel to TRULY realize the meaning of the gospel in my life. I'm so grateful I'm able to answer questions and testify without hesitation.
Moving here was more of an answer to prayer for Eric and even though I didn't get an exact answer I felt like I needed to be a supportive and loving wife at this time. I feel like more and more my 'answer' to prayer has come from being here.
We knew this was what we needed to do and things keep unfolding. I am so happy.
I also can't express how grateful I am for a honest, hard hard working, loving, funny, spiritual husband I get to be with everyday. He is my best friend.   
Overall lesson that I've learned:
Life is short and the quicker you realize what's REALLY important the more joy you are capable of.
xoxo

7 comments:

aubry. said...

love this, ali! but i miss you!
i drove through bend once with my dad - on a road trip through wash, or, and northern cal. i thought i was in fantasy land! a place that charming cannot possibly exist on this earth, i thought.

i must come for a visit.

ashnicole said...

How fun! You're so cute. Oregon is beautiful, it fits you:)
Have you found your home?

Unknown said...

I loved this blog post, it's so sweet.
Time flies by and I'm so happy that you are enjoying your time in Bend! Come visit soon! Love you!!
xoxo

Sarah said...

love your bangs and love that you're doing well. whoop whoop OREGON.

Sarah said...

love your bangs and love that you're doing well. OREGON. whoop whoop.

Unknown said...

aw love this post! You and Eric are so cute! Im glad you guys are loving Oregon! Love Love your bangs!

Hailey said...

I'm so glad you're loving Oregon. How fun for you and Eric to have this adventure. Hope all is well! I need your address dear! Thanks! Love you!