6.18.2012

we went to tokyo!

Eric & I decided on a Tuesday {5th} and flew out on Thursday {7th} for Tokyo, Japan.
We had the time of our lives!
It was such a fun filled trip with crazy/random/funny/frustrating memories
 that we will always remember.
When we landed we took an hour long train ride into the city and met up with Eric's cousin {chase}
He had been traveling around Japan for about 4 weeks and arrived/left in Tokyo the same day as us.
He showed us around the town that night and we were able to see some of the city life at night.
We finally made it to our hostel that night and enjoyed our Japanese pj's & a tiny bedroom :)

DAY 1
-We went to the worlds largest fish market. {Tsukiji}
-enjoyed the most yummy bowl of ramen!
-waited in line for too long for sushi...
this is where i met/talked with Martha Stewart
She was walking toward me on the sidewalk and it went like this:
me: "HI MARTHA!"
{obviously nervous}
ms: HI!!
{she grabs my arm}
ms: you are going to be waiting in line for HOURS!
me: I know! haha
{huh?! i had no idea what i was saying}
me: "See ya!"
{she walks off with her japanese crew }
-met a cute mother/daughter on vacation from florida
-rode the subway
-went to the Tokyo museum
-walked in the rain
-enjoyed the view of the gardens/baseball field around the museum
-went to a beautiful shrine
{where eric got a bad fortune & i got the best one}
-ate yummy japanese candy
-ate a yummy pizza overlooking the large city crossing by where we stayed
-ended the night exhausted checking into our "japanese style" hotel room!










2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow talk bout traveling on a whim! lucky you that you are able to do that. looks like a blast!

Chels said...

That's so fun! I wish the hubs and I could do that. Someday, right? Ha.