9.25.2012

Paris. day deux

We woke up ready to have a fun day. We stopped at this cute cafe along the street and had a breakfast crepe. I was past the point of hungry so I was only able to eat a few bites but luckily my body got on schedule with the time change and a few hours later I was back in the groove. We took the metro to the Musee d'Orsay. It's a beautiful museum that once was a train station. It's right by the Seine river and again it was another beautiful day. We roamed the museum and saw some beautiful and famous pieces of artwork. The view from the top floor balcony was something we kind of stumbled upon and it was so pretty up there.
 
We made our way to meet up with Ben & Britney (my brother & sis-in-law) They came to Paris for the Coldplay concert and so we decided to find a place where both of us could stay and do some fun  sightseeing together before we split off.  They were so much fun to travel with and we loved staying up at night talking and watching impractical jokers (we're hooked) Anyway...so we found the cute flat we'd be staying in for the next few nights and then took off to the Notre Dame Cathedral. Note: Cute shops are set up along the river right by the cathedral that can't be missed. I bought a painting with my mom when we traveled to Paris 5 years ago. This time I fell in love with a vintage large piece of sheet music. I can't wait to frame it! We went to the beautiful cathedral and looked at the detail that is beyond description. Eric loved the gargoyles that could be camouflaged up top if you don't look close.
 
Ben brought our locks that we needed to write on for the "love bridge" so we found a bench and thought of our wishes and wrote on our locks. I was distracted by a cute park right on the grounds and had to convince a little boy to let me swing! We walked to the bridge and I couldn't believe how many locks we saw! It was packed. We found the perfect spot and then threw in our key while making our wishes.
 
We then went back to a fun street tucked away that we saw while shopping. It was filled with yummy food and dessert. The boys ate dinner and we stayed talking in the restaurant for hours. Then ended the night by getting some gelato and taking the metro to see the sparkling Eiffel tower. We staked out our spot and right when it started to twinkle you could hear everyone, "ooooohhhhhh." An experience I'll never forget.
 
 


  

  

 

 
 

  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

..what a dream..
I've been so excited to read these posts and just cried. In my defense I should be starting my period any day now.. hahaha

I'm so excited about all of the adventures you and E have together! I love love hearing about them!