9.28.2012

Paris. day trois & quatre

We took the train to the breathtaking Versailles about 30 min away from the heart of Paris.
Britney & I both made the comment, If we lived in Paris we would want to live in the city of Versailles. It has grown out tree lining the sidewalks and cobblestone streets. It still has such charm and the pace is slower. The weather was perfect (to my taste) because we had sun and then later on some rain when we were finishing up in the gardens. The palace is over the top amazing. We probably only saw a 10th of it because it's so massive. After we toured inside we went in the back to the gardens, they are perfect and nothing is out of place. The colors, statues, manicured trees, and water features were spectacular. We decided to rent a canoe and take advantage of the beautiful scenery. After our day trip we headed home to rest up and then navigated ourselves to the yummy and authentic restaurant that was highly reccomended. It was delicious. The owner was so kind and translated the menu for everyone. I'm pretty sure Eric's dessert (strawberries) were injected with heaven because they were so juicy and flavorful. On our way home we found the perfect benches to sit at and watch the Eiffel twinkle on the hour. Probably my favorite day.
 
Our next day was all about the Eiffel tower. We took 87250238 pictures and then waited in line to see the view from the top. It's so neat to see the city from above because every building is so French with the details and history. I know it's cheesy but since I visited Paris with my mom and probably before, one of my dreams has been to kiss my husband on the Eiffel tower. I was a happy girl. We made our way down and the walked to the Louvre...but hit the antique shopping mall before. There was everything from old maps to the prettiest modern gardening shop I'd every seen. We bought the cutest little french childrens book for our future kids. Next the Louvre. Modern & Vintage combined with the architecture of the buildings-my favorite. Eric & I had both gone inside but I can still say my favorite is the winged victory. We walked across town to see the obelique and passed the Grand Palace on our way. We ate at a yummy Pizza joint on the Champs Elysees and headed back to our flat for a fun last night with B&B. 
 
 









 

 

xoxo

No comments: